Tuesday 20 January 2015

Some people say...

Some people say... that we are mean dog catchers. Excuse me, your ideas of rescue and activism differ from ours.

Activism. As an animal rights activist and I mean now mostly as a dog loving person, I have attended and organised in my life time many protests and flash mobs pro spay and against euthanasia law. (album protest I went to, facebook


The common element of this belief I have is the fear people have of dogs. 
This fear can be eliminated by fixing some things that scare :
~ This can be changed by neuter and spay that not only stops the raising numbers of strays but eliminates packs (which form after females in season). 

 ~ This can be changed by picking up (proven) aggressive dogs.
Rescue. Perhaps the best example is my old Brownie movie, from last year. Highly contested by people with other believes, my movie was reported on YouTube intensely until it was removed. Brownie is a dog like many strays are, small like a cat, so feared by no one, tolerated near a block of flats by everyone, fed, but not much loved I concluded as left exposed anyhow to other dogs, cars and pregnant, in the street. Now Brownie got in shelter and got rehomed. The video showed a collection of images (took by mobile and uploaded on Facebook by the...rescuer that left her in territory) and it showed the sadness in this little dog, as just a bit of food straight on the ground, and 5 minutes time a day, was not all needed by her. And than I showed what we did and I still believe, we did good.
Brownie
-----
Other small sized wonders we today have (I know is animal abuse :P to dress a boy in pink but we do what we can ;) 


1 comment:

  1. and somedays I don't care so here is the Brownie video https://vimeo.com/117118801 but it will be reported from there too I am sure because it speaks the truth that hurts

    ReplyDelete